Saturday, January 29, 2011

Miss Megan

I love to watch my little Megan sleep.  When she's awake she's so full of energy, life and emotions and has such a big presence in our home, but when she's asleep I'm reminded that she's just a very little girl...who still likes to call herself a baby.  Here are some things about Megan that I don't want to forget.

1.  She is a girl of many names...Miss Megan, Megan Rose, Megs, Meg, Meg-pie, Nutmeg, Rosie, Little Miss and Jordan's favorite...Meggers.

2.  My most favorite thing about Megan is her laugh.  She is a very petite thing, but her laugh is anything but that.  She has a very deep, loud belly laugh that can really fill up a room...kind of like Grandpa Alan.  I would venture to say that we have taken her out of sacrament meeting more often for laughing than crying.  We've also had to take her out for playing peek-a-boo and shouting "Hi" and "I love you" to her cousin Lily who was clear on the other side of the chapel.

3. She is my lounger...definitely like her mother.  I'm not really sure when she actually wakes up but when I go into her room around 8 or 9 I always find her just lounging in her blankies.  Many times she doesn't want to get out and lays there a little while longer.

4.  For some reason, she doesn't like it when I sing.  During church she covers my mouth and says, "No singing Mommy."  It's really kind of annoying but she always lets me sing to her before bed.

5.  She has a shy side and when she meets someone new she always puts on this little show where she won't look at them, she sticks out her bottom lip and does deep breathing.  Not really sure why, but it makes me laugh.

6.  She loves her babies and I always sigh when she brings her baby to the dinner table because I know that means I'm fixing an extra plate...with silverware and a drink.  She likes to make sure her babies are properly cared for and have all their needs met.

7. Not only does she love babies, but she likes to make it very clear to everyone that SHE is a baby.  She loves to say, "I'm a baby. I'm soooooo cute" in a little quivering voice.

8.  She has a very strong opinion about her clothing and likes to pick out her own clothes (which always makes out for very interesting outfits) and dresses herself.  She likes to wear underwear over her diaper, her pants are often backwards and her shoes are always on the wrong feet.   Lately she has been wearing a Bob the Builder hard hat and her fairy tutu everywhere she goes.

9.  She is a pure delight and even though sometimes she makes us want to pull our hair out we love her to pieces and she loves us too.  She's always quick to give kisses and hugs and whenever I (or Andrew) enter the door we always know we'll be greeted with outstretched arms and a very animated "I MISSSSSED YOU!!!!!!"   Yes, we love our Megan Rose!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Such a sweet little girl!

erinrose said...

Miss Megan Rose is an indescribable little treasure. She forces you to fall in love with her. Thank-you for sharing your mother's perspective with us.

Trudy said...

These two posts are so darling! You should consider having your blog "published." Mindy put my blog in a book for Christmas and its so fun to have an illustrated journal. Love the descriptions of Jordan and Megan. Such cutie pies! XO