Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Craziness

Today has been a crazy, hectic day...and not just because it's halloween. This weekend was Andrew's turn to be the on-call nurse manager. He had to go into work for a couple of hours after church to fill in for one of the nurses...usually no big deal, other than the fact that he locked his keys in his car.

Megan was taking her nap when he needed to come home, so when my home teacher called and asked if he could come visit I asked if he could do a favor instead and run the car key out to Andrew's work. When the home teacher showed up I went to get the car key off my car ring to disover that it wasn't there. I called Andrew and asked him where my car key was and he told me that he had taken my car key because he couldn't find his keys this morning and he had to be at a church meeting at 6 am. Our home teacher left and I went on a mad frenzy trying to find Andrew's lost keys so we wouldn't have to call a locksmith. A while later I did find them, went over to ask the neighbor girl if she could sit in my house for an hour with my sleeping baby and Jordan and I drove to Andrew's work.

When we got to Andrew's work and delivered the key he said he was coming right behind us, so when Jordan asked if he could ride with daddy we didn't think twice. I threw the car seat in Andrew's car and off I drove....bad idea.

I got home to a ringing phone, which ended up being Andrew telling me that I needed to come back and pick up Jordan because one of the nurses had a family emergency and had to leave so Andrew had to cover for her until they could find a replacement. I woke up Megan and back we drove to Andrew's work.

When I got there Jordan was happy as a clam because Andrew's boss had taken Jordan trick-or-treating in her office and he was carrying around a huge basket of candy with an even bigger smile on his face. He was getting a lot of special treatment and attention from Andrew's co-workers and patients.

After driving back and forth for 2 hours, we enjoyed a nice relaxing evening at home. Jordan passed out the candy he got from Andrew's boss to all the neighborhood kids who came trick-or-treating. Every time he gave someone candy he would say, "I'm a good neighbor." It was very cute....a nice way to end a hectic day.

We've had some fun halloween festivities the past week. Here are some highlights....

We went to a pumpkin carving party at the Leonard's house

They had lots of yummy food, which Megan enjoyed thoroughly

Our ward had a halloween carnival complete with a huge slide




Andrew won the halloween contest at work. I didn't get a picture of him in it, but he was a cowboy, decked out with the full ensemble- chaps, spurs, lasso, fake gun, saddle bag. Jordan had fun dressing up like daddy one morning.


Here's Jordan passing out his candy to the trick-or-treaters...being a good neighbor!


This pretty much sums up Megan's mood today...and maybe mine a little too. Happy Halloween!!!!!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Of course Jordan was a dinosaur! Too cute. I feel so bad for you and that terrible day. Hope you never have to relive it.

Alison said...

I love that picture of Megan! Her adorable pig tails she had a church are a little askew later in the day! Bring her over here! She doesn't have that face over here and even if she tried it no one would notice! Not that we'd neglect her... but you know!

Maria said...

Your kids are darling!!