Saturday, August 22, 2009

Teddy Bear Picnic

Today was the long awaited day of the annual teddy bear picnic my mom throws every summer for the grandkids. Every year it gets a little more elaborate and I always leave wondering what else my mom is going to come up with next year. My dad was joking with me and said that maybe next year she'll just hire the circus to come. It would be a lot less work and a lot less money.

It's starts out with us walking in the woods on the property where bears are lining the trail and we come upon a picnic all set up for us. We then had a lot of different activities including story time, crafts, a treasure hunt, puppet shows, lawn games, a pinata, bear bingo....like I said, every year it gets a little more elaborate. Here are some pictures from our fun day.






Jordan was so excited to find his treasure in the tack room. Something funny that happened during the lawn games was there was a game that had a little pirate head and all of the sudden it disappeared and was nowhere to be found. A little while later my brothers spotted Jordan walking sneakily to the playhouse with some toys in his hand. They followed him and sure enough, he had a stash of toys, including the pirate head, he was stowing in the playhouse. I guess he was just making some treasure of his own. It really didn't surprise me because I've caught him trying to sneak toys down his shirt out of the nursery. Looks like I have a little clepto on my hands.



The best part about today was that Marianne flew in for the weekend to be there. She can only stay for a couple of days because she has to get back for a chemo treatment next week. It was so fun having her here. Megan took a nap in her arms and I loved seeing my sister rocking my baby in her arms. It was a moment I tried to burn into my memory bank.

I love that Marianne is laughing in this picture. It was such a fun day and I wasn't surprised when I put Jordan to bed tonight that the story he wanted to read was, "The Teddy Bear's Picnic." Thanks for the fun day Mom. You made a lot of children very happy today!!


Here's a video of us walking in the woods at the beginning.

4 comments:

Jason and Kristi Ann said...

What good pictures. Our camera must be broken or something because ours didn't turn out as well. Of course, it could be the photographer, too. We had lots of fun, as well.

Trudy said...

Grandma Sally is the best Grandma in the WORLD!!!!!! I wish she would keep copious notes of everything she does for the picnics! She could sell the book! It was so fun to see everyone's pictures. Thanks for keeping such a good record of the Bolles Family activities! Love to you and yours!

Forsberg's said...

Wow!!! That looks like it was a ton of fun. How fun that your mom does that every year!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

What a sweet idea...I hope I can be as energetic when I am a grandma! Thanks for sharing. Do you mind if I post a link to this story? So cute!