Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Quiet Time

I find myself sitting here on a Sunday evening in a completely quiet house wondering, what should I do? I can't remember the last time I had a quiet evening by myself in my own house. Andrew took the kids to see his parent's, but I stayed behind because I'm playing a musical number at a baptism in a couple of hours. I was looking through some of the pictures on my camera and thought I should put some of them on here.

I have decided that when you become a mom they should offer classes, like "How to build anything with Legos." Andrew can build anything with Legos...dinosaurs, bulldozers, bicycles, you name it...Andrew can make it. The problem is that when Andrew's at work and Jordan brings the Lego bucket to me, I think "Oh no, what's he going to ask for this time." Most of the time he's happy with what I come up with, but there have been a few occasions when Mommy doesn't get it right and he has a melt-down. As you can guess, Andrew constructed the above picture of an "Animal Train."
I told Andrew the other day that in the dictionary for the word "Munchkin," there needs to be no definition, just a picture of Megan. She is definitely a little munchkin. This is her new hang-out spot...in my rag box, under the counter, between the garbage can and the wall. As you can see, she thinks she is so funny when she goes to sit in there.

I was having a little problem with Jordan running the other way when I told him to come to me. I remembered Alison having a similar problem with her kids when they were little and how she had a family home evening about obeying. For our activity, I had Jordan run to me when I would say the word, "obey," and we made a game out of it. He had so much fun and it actually does work when we're at the park now. I just feel a little weird when I yell out "Obey," like he's a dog or something.

Jordan got a little carried away with his painting the other day, which is a little surprising since usually he doesn't like being messy. He likes to paint my old symphony music that I had saved for scratch paper. One time he got a hold of some music that I actually did need for a fireside I was playing in. My stand partner got a kick out of it.

A couple of weeks ago I ended up sleeping in Megan's room every night because Andrew was congested and his snoring was keeping me awake. After I stopped sleeping in there, Megan had a really rough night and was crying out in the night. I realized it was probably because I wasn't in there anymore and she was lonely. I put her baby in bed with her and that did the trick. She just needed a friend!

We got a book a while ago from the library about mommies and one of the pages says, "My mommy cuddles me." Lately, every morning when I get Jordan out of bed he asks, "Mommy cuddles me?" He gets his blankie and gives me mine and we just lay there together for a few minutes giving kisses and cuddling with eachother. It is precious time that I look forward to every morning.

Well, I just got a call from the Relief Society president. A sister in our ward could use a visit, so I'm off. I think my quiet time was well spent...what do you think?

4 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Love these pictures and anecdotes! :) I hope that the baptism went well!

BethNoel said...

Such grown up kids! Jordan looks sooo tall in the picture of him running to you. I also love that doggy commands work on him in the park. Nothing like puppy commands for a little boy, right?! Miss Megan is an absolute Munchkin, her smile is gorgeous and infectious. Those babies make their Auntie Noƫlie smile!

Marianne said...

I love the pictures and thoughts. Your kids are too cute. I love Megan's munchkin look. See you in 2 days!!!!!!

Tina said...

Definitely we spent! What sweet times!