Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

We spent the 4th of July weekend at the cabin with my family. Because there are so many little kids when we get together we usually stagger our visits so we're not all there at the same time, thus preventing the chaos that develops. Marianne decided to come up this year so of course nobody wanted to miss out. The weather was perfect and we spent every afternoon cooling off at the lake. I ended up sleeping with Megan in a tent because she has a hard time sleeping away from home and I didn't want her waking everybody up. Little did I know that while I was in the tent with her the first night, my mom was up with Jordan from midnight until 4 am. The kids loved playing in the dirt (especially Megan) and I even got to squeeze in one game when Andrew came up for the last day. We've only been home for 1 day and Jordan has already asked me about a dozen times if we can go back.





All of the grandkids, minus Johnny and Brigham. There's always somebody crying when we do these group shots, but we just can't resist.

3 comments:

emilybolles said...

Cute pictures! I hope Jordan's second night was much better! I even included you in my prayers on Saturday night:0) I wish we could have stayed but I'm glad we didn't... I knew I wasn't feeling good and I've been a total zombie ever since we've been home. I thought I had allergies but I am totally sick so I really hope no one else gets it!

Jason and Kristi Ann said...

Fun pics. We had fun, too. Sunday night didn't go well for us so we ended up pulling out about 9:30 pm. We just keep trying and some day, the sleepless nights will all be distant memories!

BethNoel said...

What a fun vacation! Your pics are beautiful! Jordan looks like he is in heaven. I hope the 2nd night wasn't as hard for him.