Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Prayers Needed


Most of my blog entries have been about what the kids are up to, but tonight I sit here at my computer with a very heavy heart. Many of you know that my dear sister Marianne has been battling colon cancer for the past year. Today they removed a large tumor from her ovary and did a complete hysterectomy. During the surgery, they also found that the cancer had spread to other areas of her body, including her liver. All I want to do right now is get in my car or hop on a plane and go be with her, but that is not feasible with 2 kids and Andrew having finals next week. I feel so far away and so helpless. I realize that the only thing I can do right now is pray, and so my dear friends, I ask you to do the same. Please pray for my sister, Marianne De Carlo.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you can't go and be with her. I will pray for her.

Sarah Stout said...

Emily... I am praying for your sister and for your family to have strength. I hope that you'll be able to visit her soon!

Rohan Shearer said...

Emily - I'm so sorry to hear this. Health challenges can be so hard. Please know that we are praying for her.

Ro

Forsberg's said...

I'm so sorry. I'll keep her and your family in our prayers.