Friday, November 7, 2008

Jordan's mixed up words


In Jordan's little 2-year old world, he thinks he's got things figured out pretty well. Lately he's been saying some pretty funny things that I wanted to jot down so I don't forget them.

1. For some reason, Jordan thinks the word for "share" is "prophet." I'm not sure why this is, but when he gives Megan a toy he always says, "prophet." It goes the other way too. When she's touching one of his toys, he runs over, ripps it out of her hand and says, "NO PROPHET!"
2. The other day I was making dinner and I had a Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD playing. Jordan kept coming up to me and saying "ARMS." He kept saying it and was getting more and more agitated. It wasn't until he folded his arms that I realized every time a choir piece ended, Jordan thought a prayer needed to be said, just like church. That was one blessed dinner because by the time it made it's way onto the table, we had said half a dozen prayers.
3. One night Jordan kept saying "strong" and pulling on his shirt. I realized that "strong" meant to have his shirt off. I took it off and later that night when I put his pajamas on, Jordan said "Bye Bye strong." I didn't know where this had come from, but when I told Andrew about it later he said that they had been watching TV when a bow flex commercial came on, Andrew told Jordan that the man was strong.
4. Whenever Jordan walks into a room, he always says, "Hi Jordan." He never says "Hi Mommy" or "Hi Daddy." "Hi Jordan" is his universal greeting.
5. Jordan has been "trying" to put together sentences. All he does is just adds Dig-a-dig-a-dig-a to the beginning of whatever he's saying. Dig-a-dig-a-dig-a drink, or dig-a-dig-a-dig-a outside.
6. One last thing that just made me smile was last week when I was practicing my viola for symphony practice that night. Usually when I practice Jordan doesn't pay much attention to me. He was just sitting next to me and was quietly coloring. Every time I stopped playing, he would look up at me and say, "GOOD JOB!" What a fun little boy to have in our family!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey Em! I love the vocabulary of toddlers. When Kylie was two she'd call a stroller her "giggle giggle". They're so cute!