Sunday, November 23, 2008

Highlight of the week

Saturday night I played in a concert with the Puget Sound Symphony Orchestra. I had been looking for an orchestra to join ever since I moved back from Utah, but couldn't find one that didn't have Sunday afternoon concerts. I heard that one of my old friends from my Tacoma Youth Symphony days, Alan Shen, had started up an orchestra and I looked into it. I joined last year and had a blast playing again, and this year Alison and Adam are playing with us too. To make it even better, Alison and I sit right next to eachother. How perfect is that? I made it through the concert even though I was battling a cold, had a killer headache and was going on no sleep. Andrew was snoring so loud the night before because he also has a cold. In the past, I've just put in earplugs, but that's not really an option when there's a baby I need to be listening for. After a couple of hours of tossing and turning, kicking him, pushing and prodding him (which he doesn't remember), I finally ended up on Megan's bedroom floor with the fan turned on full blast to muffle the sound of his snoring. What a night!

I just had to put this sweet picture of the kids on here. Megan absolutely adores her brother. She just gazes at him and waits for him to interact with her. When he does, she just lights up with the biggest smile.

1 comment:

emilybolles said...

Jordan is going to be jealous! He keeps saying he has to join that orchestra because they are playing the planets (whatever that means:) By the way, that's a really good picture of you three!