Sunday, November 2, 2008

Finding Joy in the Journey

You just gotta love daylight savings time. Both of the kids were down tonight at 7:30. Miraculously they somehow got the memo about sleeping in too, because this morning they both woke up an hour later than usual.

Something in Relief Society really got me thinking today. The lesson was on President Monson's talk "Finding Joy in the Journey" from this last conference. The teacher read this quote. "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will- to your surprise- miss them profoundly." I just had to smile to myself when I heard that because just that morning I was sitting on the couch looking out at the rain and was annoyed by the dirty handprints all over the window.

This afternoon as I was playing with the kids on the floor and listening to them giggle and laugh at eachother I looked out the window, and instead of being annoyed at the fingerprints I actually just smiled remembering when Jordan put them there. It was a couple of days ago and he was so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa out the window when they came to drop off his "Big Boy Bed." I guess it's all about perspective. "Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows."

Here are some of my favorite pictures this week.....
Alison made homemade rootbeer at her Halloween Party. Jordan loved blowing the steam from the dry ice.
Megan's favorite toys are her feet. Whenever I put socks on her she just kicks them off.


2 comments:

BethNoel said...

Sweet little babies! Megan has grown into a little chunk. I can't wait to see everyone in December for Christmas!

Sarah Stout said...

Thanks for your sweet thoughts... Sometimes we get so caught up in everyday living that we forget to enjoy the journey! I love this talk so much and think of it often.