Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

On my previous post, I mentioned that Megan was sick and unable to go the cabin so the boys had left without us.  Luckily she perked up later in the day after a long nap, which she woke up from excitedly exclaiming, "I'm hungry, let's go to Burger King!!!"  We headed up in the morning to join the boys to find that they had a hard time getting to the cabin the day before, as there was an avalanche at the top of the pass and the road was closed.  They ended up driving over a different pass to bypass the avalanche, which was about a 2 hour detour.  It left me feeling a little relieved that Megan and I had stayed home so I could avoid that whole fiasco.  The cabin was a fun time as always, a little cold, but not raining.  Here are some pictures of our adventures.....


Jordan finally got to go on the long-anticipated horse ride he's been talking about the past few months.


This is Megan's tear-streaked face after being on the horse for about 5 seconds.  She says maybe when she's 5 she'll be ready....we shall see.

Andrew and Adam went on a "drive,"  which always involves some kind of disaster...getting stuck in the snow or blowing out a tire.  Something always happens on these adventures.  I thought maybe having the 2 little girls with them this time would prevent this from happening....to no avail.


We played lots of games.


Jordan's diet consisted of marshmallows and hot dogs roasted over the fire. 

1 comment:

Ali said...

I've been caught up in so many other things lately it was fun to finally catch up on your blog. I love all your family trips and outings, your kids will love these memories as they grow up.
I love the disastrous rides and I do hope Megan is ready at 5, she's so cute.