Saturday, May 8, 2010

Letterboxing

Yesterday we took advantage of the beautiful weather and went on a little hike around Deep Lake in Enumclaw. We went to Letterboxing.org to print off some clues that led to some hidden treasures along the way. We only found 3 of the 9 boxes, but still had a lot of fun following the clues and looking for them.

This was the first treasure we found and Jordan was so excited to find it, but very disappointed that we had to put it back for the next person to find. I forgot a stamp pad and paper so it was kind of anticlimactic to find the stamp and then just put it back without doing anything with it.

It was such a beautiful day, beautiful surroundings, with my beautiful family....doesn't get much better than that.

3 comments:

Ali said...

We went on a family bike ride to enjoy that sunshine. That is awesome you have a park that does fun things like that. My kids would be all over a treasure hunt.

Sarah Stout said...

Fun! I've never heard of letterboxing before. How did you find out about it? Is it similar to geocaching?

Jason and Kristi Ann said...

I've heard of this. Jason took the boys hunting for some once (or something similar) but they didn't find them. Maybe we will try this one out. The boys love maps and treasure hunts. They woke me up on Sunday with flashlights in my closet looking for BriAnn's birthday present. Too cute!