Monday, October 6, 2014

A Touching Story

As I am mainly using this blog to make my blog books, I thought I'd include a touching story that I put on Facebook so I can remember it in the future.  It started with this post on August 9, 2014...

My day just keeps getting worse.   My car overheated yesterday and I was spending the morning trying to figure out where to get it towed.  I decided to take a break from the stress of that and take the kids on a fun little outing to go pick blueberries at a free u-pick place.  On the drive there I was feeling annoyed that I had to drive Andrew's car without AC and that the car was on empty.  We picked blueberries for 20 minutes or so and Meg got thristy, so we walked back to the car to get a water bottle, only to discover that someone had smashed in our window and taken my purse that was tucked under the seat. Am grateful for a sister who was closeby and had cash so I could fill up my empty tank...grateful for a little boy who said softly from the back seat, "Mommy, I think I should say a prayer."...grateful to be able to drive home to a neighborhood where I feel safe...grateful for a husband who is handy with cars and is currently fixing the window himself. I'm supposed to be playing in a production of the Sound of Music in about a half an hour, with no way to get there...guess they'll just have to do without a viola...people always joke that the viola is expendable anyway :)

and ended with this post a few days later...

Just got off the phone with a nice lady who was out tracting for the Jehovah's Witnesses on Saturday and found my "recommend for the Mormon temple" lying in the street near the blueberry farm where my purse was stolen.  She told the other woman with her, "This is very important to someone.  I must track her down."  It made me smile knowing that there are good, kind people in this world who despite differences in theology, still respect the cherished beliefs of others.

No comments: