Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Dance

I had a little magical moment the other night that I want to document so I don't forget it. I was listening to Christmas music while I was busily making dinner so I could get everyone fed before my violin student came. When the song, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" came on Jordan came up to me and said very sweetly, "Dance, Mommy?" I swept him up into my arms and he put his head on my shoulder and we danced by the Christmas tree for the whole song. Usually when I dance with Jordan it's always my idea and he tolerates it for just a few seconds and then wants to get down and play, so it was a miracle that he lasted for the whole entire song. The sweetest thing happened when at the end of the song he whispered very quietly, so I could barely hear him, "Merry Christmas Mommy, I love you Mommy"....definitely a moment I don't want to ever forget.