Saturday, October 24, 2009

Potty Training and Honey Buckets!

Jordan is pretty much potty trained and that makes us very happy. There are some moments, however, when it is much more difficult not having him in diapers. Today we had one of those moments. I took the kids to the park today because it was actually not raining for once and Andrew was sleeping because he's been working night shift this weekend. We were there for a little while and Jordan had to go potty. We rushed to the Honey Bucket and Jordan was TERRIFIED, as any little kid would be sitting in a Honey Bucket for the very first time. He kept saying, "No Thank you, No Thank you!" The problem with this particular Honey Bucket, other than that it was extremely stinky and disgusting, was that the door wouldn't latch and it opened right up onto the road. I had Megan with me too and because Jordan was upset and wanted out of there, so did she. Once we were all in there, then one of them would open the door and go running out and while I was bringing them back, the other one would then come out too. This happened several times and throughout this whole episode there was a little old lady across the street raking her leaves, just smiling at the whole situation. I really didn't find anything humorous at the moment and it was all very stressful. Eventually Jordan did calm down and I managed to get him up on the seat, hold him so he wouldn't fall in, all while holding Megan who was very wiggly.

Hopefully Jordan's next encounter with a Honey Bucket will go much better!!!

2 comments:

Jason and Kristi Ann said...

It is amazing what a mom can do when necessary. Good job!

Forsberg's said...

I'm sorry but I'm laughing too! Don't you love those moments! I bet they were touching every germ infesting thing too. That's the only way they do it! Hey I also wanted to tell you my dad just finished a painting of the sacred grove and we're in it! He always talks about the one that played the violin. What a amazing memory you helped create. Hmm, I think I'll post it so you can see it too. I LOVE YOU SISTER BOLLES!