Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sister's Forever Quilt

Well, the beautiful half-finished quilt my sister started is now hanging on my kitchen wall. It fits there perfectly and looks like it was meant to go there all along. I'm not sure what Marianne's plans were with this quilt...was it meant to give to a friend or family member...was it meant to go on a wall or to be a throw blanket? Those are questions I will never know the answers to, but I'm pretty sure my sister would be pretty happy with where it ended up, and the fact that her little "non-sewer" of a sister finished it for her. I have to admit, it wasn't easy for me and I did a lot of "redos," but the whole experience was very sweet for me.
 
This quilt wasn't made by my blood, sweat and tears, but I do have to say it was made with a whole lot of love and quite a few tears.......
 





No comments: